Russell Standard Experiences Growth
Russell Standard, a leader in paving solutions, processes and machinery, recently announced the creation of five new positions at its Pittsburgh, PA, corporate headquarters. The positions are meant to support the additional influx of work due to the company’s current strength in the marketplace and its 2015 acquisition of the Reading, PA, asphalt emulsion plant facility.
The positions include:
- Director of Safety: Designs and trains all levels of employees. Develops company safety and health policies, practices and procedures. Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries, and cooperates in the preparation of material for hearings and insurance investigations. Ensures company compliance with all applicable laws governing environmental, health and safety.
- Dispatcher: Manages and coordinates several logistics management functions for various units/divisions.
- Estimating Assistant: Provides marketing, estimating and project tracking assistance on construction projects for commercial and state prospects as well as the public and private sectors.
- Process Improvement Coordinator: With the adoption of a “Total Process Reliability” (TPR) concept to improve the organization and fleet of heavy equipment, this person is responsible for helping to drive company improvement of processes and systems to ensure optimal levels of efficiency.
- Accounts Payable Clerk: Performs a variety of accounting and clerical functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts payable, material purchasing, or related financial area.
According to John Shutsa, Jr., director of sales and marketing, these new positions will assist Russell Standard Corporation in providing “a positive impact on the community and strengthen the company’s customer service and support.”
There are currently 250 employees across Russell Standard, Hammaker East and the Sterlingwood Divisions. To learn more about our employment opportunities, please visit our careers page.